Can't update record - dup_val_on_index

From: Phoebe <phoebe_at_hkem.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:14:55 +0800

 Dear all,

    I am writing application to update the record. I try to update the record when the "save" button pressed. But it throws an exception : dup_val_on_index

    cursor cur_cus is select * from customer

                               where :id = id
                               for update nowait;
   val_cus     cur_cus%rowtype;

  if cur_cus%found then
     update customer set name = :name,
                                  address = :address
                                where id = :id;
    commit;

Can anyone tell me why dup_val_on_index raised when i update the record ?? Thanks in advance.

Phoebe Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 04:14:55 CST