Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 03:47:18 GMT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:21:34 GMT, "Ivana Humpalot" <ivana_humpalot_at_nospam.com> wrote:

>During W2K launch Bill Gates said they are using a "shared nothing"
>approach. They are not even sharing the database, as far as I can
>tell. In other words each machine in the cluster is running its own
>copy of SQLServer and using a completely independent database. In
>other words each machines in the cluster is querying and updating a
>completely independent database.

LOL.

>Can anyone confirm this is the case? And if true, does this have any
>significance in real life?

Er..... No, it hasn't. But it looks darn good in the mags who don't know better and there are plenty of IT managers out there who know even less than the mags and will think it is of high significance.

Look forward to TPC-D, which will fix these loopholes....

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 21:47:18 CST