Re: ODBC error

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:30:10 GMT

Shreek,

Is your NET8 installed properly on the client? Can you perfrom a tnsping successfully? Does SQLplus connect to the server successfully?

When setting up your ODBC connection, are you specifying the correct sqlnet connect string?

It's been a while since I looked at ODBC, but if the SQLnet has been loaded properly you should not have any problems. I have seen serveral messages in comp.database.oracle.tools refering to a possible problem in a specific version of the Oracle ODBC driver, but unfortunately did not keep a copy of the conversation. You might want to check for it, though I think it has expired. Perhaps someone else on the group remembers the listing.

HTH Brian.