Re: Install Oracle8i on Linux

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:00:02 GMT

Get jre1.1.7v3 from www.blackdown.org (several people had the same problem as yours with 1.1.6v5). Then try again. I installed 8i Enterprise Edition on my OpenLinux (kernel 2.2). There was one catch with my runInstaller - I had to do ./runInstaller -h
Why that worked I have no clue... I was desperate at that moment and looking for some command line help. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

Post if you were successful or not. What's your Linux version and distribution?

In article <0a248a9c.1bee0ebb_at_usw-ex0108-063.remarq.com>,   marketmaker <wensheng_98NOweSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> I followed Oracle's installation instructions to create the
> account "oracle" and downloaded jre1.1.6v5 on my Linux box. As
> soon as I ran the "runInstaller" command from my cdrom
> directory, I got a message saying:
> Error in CreateOUIProcess: -1
> Bad address
> Does anyone know what I need to do to make the installer happy?
> Thanks!
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 12:00:02 CST