Re: Access Path Tuning

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:31:52 +0100

If you specify a clause on a column that column willl be used. If you don't specify a clause that column will not be used. In a 3 column indexed when you don't specify a clause on column c, column c will not be used during index retrieval.
You can easily verify that by comparing tkprof results (where each intermediate step shows the number of rows retrieved) and the final outcome.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Sybrand Bakker