Re: Watson error while installing OAS 4.0.7

From: Martin Vonk <mwvonk_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:49:25 +0100

Hi,

Although I do not have an answer to your problem, I would like to make some remarks.
1. (At work) I had about 6 month ago a similar problem with OAS4.0.7/NT SP5. Tried to deinstall SP5 and reinstall SP3. It did not help. I'm told that traces of SP5 remain on your harddisk. And these traces prevent it from running (actually not OAS407 but Oracle Workflow which makes use of OAS407). Only by deinstalling NT and reinstalling NT with SP3 the installation and application of OAS407/Oracle Workflow went succesfull. 2. OAS 407 alone already requires 128 MB of RAM. In addition you install O8i and OEM204 as well. So, I've questions about the amount of RAM (128 MB is not that much)
3. I did not know that OAS makes use of the Universal Installer. I thought/think it is the Oracle installer. In that case you're Installer is not Y2K compliant (only versions >=3.3.1.1.0.C), since you wrote "Universal Installer v3.3.1.0.0".

HTH Martin

<sendachen_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 88l77s$3oc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...