Re: Why so long?

From: Roland Svensson <roland.svensson_at_localhost>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:46:49 +0100

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:02:27 GMT, rlro_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Thanks, I changed the order of the tables in the from clause and got the
>time down to 6 mins from 16. Though this is still way more than I would
>expect. There is probably something else wrong.

As Sybrand noted, your datadictionary must have been analyzed, CBO parsetime for this query is 16 (or 6) mins. The second time no parsing is done and you get the answer immediatly. You should get rid of the datadictionary statistics, you could also try a RULE hint.

--
Regards,
Roland Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 00:46:49 CST