Strange stuff with 8i on OpenLinux 2.2

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:24:26 GMT

I have installed 8i (v8.1.5.0.0) on OL 2.2 after some trouble, but now:
1. SQL*Plus doesn't work and
2. I think I am missing a number of administration apps (Net8 manager, for example).

SQL*Plus gives me the following:
"error in loading shared libaraies:
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0: undefined symbol: nauzaoss"
Sounds like a problem with the library, isn't it? What can I do to fix that?

As far as missing apps, I have been dealing with databases on Windows NT, and Oracle came with some nice GUI clients for administration. Is the linux version also GUI driven or is it all command line?

Basically, I've been browsing through the Oracle directories trying everything, and found that almost nothing worked besides svrmgrl and a few other command line utilities. And the installation log is pointing to some "installed" apps that actualy aren't there. This is a vague issue, but maybe someone knows something about it...

Thanks for any help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 18 2000 - 21:24:26 CST