Does rollback segment matter in the following case?

From: <shimeng_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:38:25 GMT

If inside one transaction I insert a million records into some table, will there be anything written to the rollback segment? Will the rollback segment be impacted in this situation? From my understanding, the rollback segment is used for storing the old values of records.

Thanks,

Shimeng

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 18 2000 - 20:38:25 CST