OAS 4.0.7.1 - drops remote_user cgi env variable

From: <the_guzman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:18:06 GMT

FYI We are running OAS 4.0.7.1 on WIN NT Server 4.0 with service pack 4. The remote_user cgi environmental variable seems to lose its value intermittently as we invoke different pages using the PL/SQL cartridge. We are using this variable to keep track of who the user is. As well we are using a Microsoft listener rather than an Oracle one even though the Oracle one still exhibits the same problem!

We found that an environmental variable, OAS_IIS_AUTH_ENABLED in the registry must be set to true in order for this problem to go away.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
 SOFTWARE\
  ORACLE\
   OAS40\
    OAS_IIS_AUTH_ENABLED set the value = TRUE.

This variable also fixes another problem we had with Directory Security at the Listener level. The only way the IIS listener could authenticate a user was to enable Anonymous and Basic authentication. With this variable, only Basic is required.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 18 2000 - 12:18:06 CST