Re: Explain Plan

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 2000/02/17

I am aware of the existance of all of the oracle documentation, and I have looked through it all and have been unable to find the information that I am looking for. That is the reason I asked this question to the newsgroup.

None of the documentation presents information like:

nested loop
a nested loop does blah blah blah. this could cause sorting and this effect is blah

hash joins
hash joins are more CPU intensive and less IO intensive, blah blah blah.

This is the kind of stuff I am looking for, and it is not in any of the supplied oracle documentation, as far as I can tell.

Thanks.