Re: Data warehouse - one main archive?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:27:13 -0000

Daily partitions on 'years' of data may give you unpleasant side-effects of too many partitions - test carefully.

It is not necessary to have two schemas, but may reduce the risk of 'bleed-over' from queries happening when you are loading
data.

An easy option for loading/unloading is simply to

create new partition
create empty table
load table
create indexed on table

'exchange partition including indexes excluding validation'

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk