Re: OAS 4.0.8.1 problems starting

From: David Gilbert <spam_at_me.not>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:41:48 -0500

I checked out the Oracle TAR db today.. here's what I got. This guy did pretty much as we did, except he installed into a single home -- hence the advice below on using multiple homes.

So, if anyone has any idea how to setup the "MS Loopback Adapter" please post!

~ ~ Dave

Doc ID: 31721.999

From: Oracle, P.Shawn Sullivan 03-Dec-99 18:17  Subject: Re : error when starting oas 4.0.8.1

 Developer R6.0 & OAS 4.0.8 or Developer R6i & OAS 4.0.8 are supported in separate Oracle_Homes. For details, refer to the  following document:

 Installing Oracle Developer 6.0 and OAS 4.0.8 in Separate Physcial Oracle Homes (Note:74793.1)

 The error you are encountering usually occurs as a result of the MS Loopback Adapter not being installed. Oracle Application Server  requires a network connection in order to function correctly. The MS Loopback Adapter emulates a network card allowing the  installation of
 network protocols onto stand-alone PC's. I am sending you a document that will explain how to install and configure the adapter.

 Regards,
 Shawn Sullivan
 MetaLink Analyst Received on Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:41:48 CST