Re: oracle80 archive problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:54:32 +0100

Your database runs in archive log mode. Every time a log file switch occurs Oracle will need to archive the oldest online redo log. This message says it can't. This is either because you didn't enable automatic archiving (log_archive_start = true in init.ora, can be started manually with archive log start '<destination directory', OR the archive log disk is full OR there is a burst of transaction activity and multiple redo log files need to be archived and the archiver can't keep up.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Immo Wetzel <iwetzel_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:38A81E82.972DFC5_at_gmx.de...
> can someone please explain me what the reason for this error
> is.

--+

> ¦ Warning - The following error occured during ORACLE redo
> log archival: ¦

--+

> ORACLE Instance shop - Can not allocate log, archival
> required

--+