Re: moving a database

From: Håkan Wahlberg <hakan.wahlberg_at_boliden.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:46:14 +0100

Hm... sorry to bother again, but I'm not that familiar with Oracle.

When I executed the "alter database backup controlfile to trace"-command there was a trace-file generated with information about my datafiles. OK, now I can change the location of these files in this trace-file and move the datafiles physically.

Then what? How do I get my Oracle instance to use this new information from the tracefile?
Do I need to shut down Oracle?

By the way, it's an Oracle 8.1.5 on Windown NT 4.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.
/Håkan W