Re: 2 Questions

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:39:05 +0100

This is a classical problem.
The sequence in the export is
tablespaces
rollback segments
So what happens if you don't create manually a second rollback segment in the system tablespace before you start the import. Right... The complete import fails (or it fails partly, but you are in such a mess you could better redo it).
All the error messages below indicate this has happened.

2 dba_free_space lists the free space as you could have imagined. Your plug must have fallen out temporarily :)
use dba_segments or dba_extents.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA