Re: Install problem Enterprise manager

From: Ronald Hello <hello_at_cs.utwente.nl>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 10:52:50 GMT

In article <950292857.25537.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,

        "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> writes: > OEM uses TCP/IP only. If you didn't configure sqlnet for this protocol you > will need to do so now.

I tried to.
I first tried it with LISTENER_mysid, but lsnrctl didn't read that one (default file, it says it is reading the correct /var/opt/oracle/listeners.ora, but it just starts a unconfigures listener with the name LISTENER). So I tried to use the name LISTENER and now at least it says it's starting something with the correct SID.

My listener.ora:

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = IPC)
(KEY = mysid)
) (ADDRESS =
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(HOST = myhost)
(PORT = 1521)
)

  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =

        (SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = mysid)
(ORACLE_HOME = /opt/app/oracle/product/8.1.5)
(PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)
)

  )

SAVE_CONFIG_ON_STOP_LISTENER = ON
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF And now it gives:
>> Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=mysid)) >> smux socket failure: Protocol not supported

It also says it started the TCP listener and I am able to connect to that one. But then the error suggesting there is no ORACLE comes up.

Ronald.

--

// Ronald Hello  (Ronald.Hello_at_cs.utwente.nl)
// University of Twente