Re: Formatting time fields in SQL*Loader

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:17:19 GMT

Hi,
 this should do it in most cases. If you have something more complicated, you can apply sql functions to your data before inserting into the table. so, you could write your own pl/sql-function returning date, and apply this to your field.

Karsten

In article <38A6FCA7.4FA88411_at_mindspring.com>,   hclarius_at_mindspring.com wrote:
> Base on my extensive experience (2 months) you need to
> specify the format in your control file.
>
> Example, if the date you wish to load is formatted like
> 09121999 (MMDDYYYY) the line in your control file should
> look like this
>
> Mydate DATE(8) "MMDDYYYY",

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 14 2000 - 03:17:19 CST