DBlink % 8i and 7

From: Joe Tin <joe.tin_at_tradelink.com.hk>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:56:35 +0800

I have created the database link in Oracle 8i in Solaris 2.6, which is linked to
Oracle 7.3.3.4 in HP-UX 10.20, using TCP/IP. When I tried to desc some remote tables, the following error occurs:

SQL> desc country_at_etet
ERROR:
ORA-12663: Services required by client not available on the server

12663, 00000, "Services required by client not available on the server" // *Cause: Service(s) that was (were) required by the client process were not
// available on the server process.
// *Action: Configure the server with the services required by the client (best
// solution) or delete the requirement from the configuration
// file of the client (least secure).

I can tnsping and sqlplus to the database in Oracle 7.3.3.4 (remote database).
I can create the database link to the same remote database Oracle 7.3.3.4 from
other Oracle 7 database and it works without any problem.

Can somebody address what problem is?

Thanks in advance

Joe
joe.tin_at_tradelink.com.hk Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 23:56:35 CST