Report in ORACLE Application

From: A.K SIM <ak_sim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:47:24 +0800

Hi all,

I have installed 8i database and OAS 4.0.7 on solaris 2.7 in different $ORACLE_HOME directory. I start writing programs in PLSQL for my users to access through web browser. Those programs are working fine.... At this time, I need to implement some reports into this system.

Following questions:
1. What is the best way to deploy report in oracle on web???? I understand there is a product called "Oracle report server", should I use report server or I should write my own PLSQL procedure to output reports on the browser????

2. I have "Oracle Developer Server Version 2.1". Does it contain "Report SErver"???? Is it compatible with database 8i??? Is there a seperate product that contains "Report Server" only???

Really apprecite all the helps..

Thanks,

SIM Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 20:47:24 CST