Re: Add a user with 'system' privs?

From: Oleg Fedorenkov <ofed_at_com2com.ru>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:46:13 +0300

Hi!
If my understanding of the problem is correct, during install WebDB asks a password for SYS.
If environment variable ORACLE_SID (on NT it maybe registry key) not set to your SID (where WEBDB must be installed) you might not connect to your database during install and
WebDB cannot install it's packages, so installation is cancelling. Best regards,
Oleg Fedorenkov

Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com> wrote in message news:38A6EA05.3CDC11E9_at_penguinboots.com...
> Hello, GC.
>
> The problem is I can't even create the user account in question ... don't
> know how. I have a 'Beginner's Guide' to Oracle 8i, which unfortunately
> depends heavily on WebDB being installed. Unfortunately, WebDB appears to
> need access to the "SYS" account (which I imagine would be similar to the
> "SYSTEM" account that currently exists). So - I need to create an Oracle
> account called "SYS" so that the WebDB install can complete correctly.
Any