Re: Add a user with 'system' privs?

From: Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:29:42 -0600

Hello, GC.

The problem is I can't even create the user account in question ... don't know how. I have a 'Beginner's Guide' to Oracle 8i, which unfortunately depends heavily on WebDB being installed. Unfortunately, WebDB appears to need access to the "SYS" account (which I imagine would be similar to the "SYSTEM" account that currently exists). So - I need to create an Oracle account called "SYS" so that the WebDB install can complete correctly. Any ideas??

Thank you,
Brice

--
+--+
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense." -- E. W. Dijkstra (1982) Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 11:29:42 CST