Re: Can I use my own sequence with SQLLDR?

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:55:40 +0200

This works in 8.1.5, NT 4.0:

  1. in sqlplus:

create table test (a number, c varchar2 (100)); create sequence s_test;

b) Create a controlfile test.ctl:

load data
append into table test
(

        c position (1)
        , a "s_test.nextval"

)

c) Test data in test.dat:

abc
def
ghijkl

d) Run the loader several times:

sqlldr control=test.ctl data=test.dat userid=whateveryourconnectstring
sqlldr control=test.ctl data=test.dat userid=whateveryourconnectstring
sqlldr control=test.ctl data=test.dat userid=whateveryourconnectstring

e) Do a select * from test;

Martin