Re: Clobs extremely slow? Or is it my fault?

From: ajeru <ajeru_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:32:42 GMT

In article <38A5A398.815051D7_at_rationalconcepts.com>,   "C. Ferguson" <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> have you tried using streams to get the data?
>
> Clob clob = rs.getClob(3);
> InputStream instream = Clob.getAsciiStream(); // Or Reader r =
> Clob.getCharacterStream();
> instream.read(...);

//
> r.read(...);
>
> cheers,
> cindy

Thank you for your answer. Yes I've tried that too. Unfortunately it's all the same. I think this must be a bug or some version problem because 20 seconds for 100 records is way to much to be usful to anybody I think.

--
Alexander Jerusalem
Xajeru_at_gmx.netX

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 03:32:42 CST