WebDB on RedHat 6.1

From: Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:17:23 -0600

Greetings.

I'm in the throes of installing WebDB 2.2 for Linux on a RedHat 6.1 machine. I'm at the screen where it asks for the 'TNS Names alias' ... I can't get anything to work. I can connect *JUST FINE* from a win98 machine with the Oracle Client software installed ... (via ODBC) and I can connect just fine locally on the machine.

The problem seems to be that the WebDB installer is trying to connect with the "SYS" account ... as far as I know, the only account that exists is the "SYSTEM" account ... what gives?

I've been attempting to install WebDB so THAT I could create new accounts ... apparently this isn't gonna be quite that simple!

Any help is (as always) appreciated.

Thank you,
Brice
--

+--+
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."