Developer Server 6.0 and OAS 4.0.8

From: Peter <f607petz_at_mbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:42:34 +0100

Hello,

Following questions:

a.)
Do i need to install an Database Access Descriptor to launch succesfully a developer server (form) on oracle application server?

I thought developer server form connects (with sqlnetclient) to the database....

b.)
How do I call a cartridge within a url?

c.)
Jinitiator plugin:
Can you call a developer server form without it?

d.)
Where is an step by step instruction for:

My problem:
I 've installed on WindowsNT Workstation 4.0/SP5

1.) Developer Server Rel.6.0 NT d:\orant
2.) OAS 4.0.8.0.0 NT c:\orant
3.) Installed the Jinitiator plugin within Netscape

a.)
I started the forms server service with ifsrv60 -install forms_server.
b.)
I specified a new www-listener on port 9001 and mapped the virtual path /forms60code/ to the d:\orant\bin\java\ directory.

I used the STATIC.htm file:

<HTML>
<!-- FILE: static.html -->
<!-- Oracle Static (Non-Cartridge) HTML File Template (Windows NT) -->
<!-- Rename and modify tags and parameter values as needed -->
<HEAD><TITLE>Oracle Developer for the Web</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><BR>Please wait while the Forms Client class files download and
run.

      <BR>This will take a second or two...
<P>
<!-- applet definition (start) -->
<APPLET CODEBASE="/forms60code/"

        CODE="oracle.forms.engine.Main"
        ARCHIVE="/forms60code/f60all.jar"
        HEIGHT=20
        WIDTH=20>

<PARAM NAME="serverPort"
VALUE="9000">
<PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
VALUE="module=d:\web\test.fmx" >

</APPLET>
<!-- applet definition (end) -->
</BODY>
</HTML>

"Applet Oracle.forms.engine.Main
class oracle/forms/engine/Main got a security violation method verification error"

or

"error java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error: oracle/forms/engine/main"

or

in the browser i see loading applet... and the developer server logo ... and then it happens nothing....

WHO CAN HELP? thanks peter Received on Sat Feb 12 2000 - 11:42:34 CST