Re: Help: Date type value insertion error ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:33:27 +0100

Yes, the most rigorous method of course is to include a format always, as relying on a default can be very dangerous (I remember an issue I was having as dba with a server default different from a client. They used a 'default 31-12-99' in a column definition, which went utterly wrong when the table was recreated using an Unix session with a different NLS_DATE_FORMAT. You need to set the registry NLS_DATE_FORMAT in HKLM\softwarre\oracle to the value you have used.
The default is DD-MON-YY.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA