Recompiling packages on application server

From: <robertdfeinman_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:32:35 GMT

 I have packages which are called by the oracle pl/sql web server package.
When they become invalid because of a change in a dependent object they need to be recompiled. If they are accessed when in an invalid state they web server returns an error to the user.
I was under the impression that the database engine would automatically recompile invalid object when they are next accessed.
To correct the problem it is necessary to do an alter package xx recompile body and then restart the webserver!
Has anyone had a similar experience?

--
Robert Feinman, Database Doctor
robertdfeinman_at_netscape.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 14:32:35 CST