Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: Isaac Blank <izblank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:42:50 GMT

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:39:10 GMT, alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk (Alex Hudghton) wrote:

>As to Kenneth's comment about reading the previous replies - I am not
>aware of an FAQ ever being posted in this newsgroup. In comp.unix.aix,
>to which I also subscribe, the FAQ is posted every 2 months and is 6
>messages long.

I used to participate in mssql newsgroups, and pretty often an answer to a newbie question would just be a FAQ's web address or a reference to their online documentation (Books OnLine, or BOL). Something like "do a serach in BOL with a keyword blah-blah or go to www.someplace.com/FAQ". But someone has to create and maintain this FAQ and it can be a demanding task.

Isaac,
former MSSQL DBA, now an Oracle newbie Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 10:42:50 CST