Install problem Enterprise manager

From: Ronald Hello <hello_at_cs.utwente.nl>
Date: 11 Feb 2000 15:24:32 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to install the enterprise manager with a 8.1.5 database on a Solaris 2.6 E450. As far as I know I have a listener running (it certainly gives different error messages now). I didn't get the listener installed as I think it should, but I have a listener.ora in the right place and lsnrctl tells me there is 1 service running with the right name (the SID). On the other hand ... it says Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=mykey)) smux socket failure: Protocol not supported during startup, so I'm not quit sure.

The installation of the Enterprise Manager demands a running database with a listener. I started with errors which said there is no listener, but now I end up with errors telling me ORACLE is not available.

Actually ... I don't know where to look next. Is it the smux failure? If so, where do I have to look to solve this?

Regards,

Ronald.

--
// Ronald Hello (Ronald.Hello_at_cs.utwente.nl)
// University of Twente