Re: Log File Placement

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:18:41 -0500

Since redo logs are only written sequentially by background LGWR process the best place for them is raw slices (partitions) on dedicated disks. All redo log files could be allocated on same disk but different redo log members should reside on different drives (Oracle redo log mirroring) so minimal total of disks is 2.

Eugene.