Re: How can I get rid of the database's service in NT???

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 11 Feb 2000 08:39:44 GMT

xo55ox_at_hotmail.com skrev i artiklen <880c23$luo$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how can I get rid of the service for the database
> in NT? I tried to delete a database. But I forgot to use the
> configuration assistance to clean everything completely. Therefore, I am
> stuck with the database's service in NT/Services even though none of the
> database element exists anymore. Is there a way to clean that?

Hi
Assuming you want to completly get rid of Oracle do:

Stop all Oracle services

(Backup your registry)
Start regedit
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services and find the Oracle services. They are named Oracle... Delete them!

Also delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE

Peter Laursen Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 02:39:44 CST