Re: Help Retrieve recordset!

From: Igor Faershtein <nwsFIVe1_at_myself.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:02:45 -0000

Hi , Evgeny !

>Evgeny
> Hi!
> I need retrieve recordset from the Oracle -8 stored procedure into the ADO
> recordset database(not out parameters).
> for example

-> Why  SQL statment     "select * from customers where Id = par1 and  CityId =
-> par2 "does not work? How can i build stored procedure  with cursor (or
-> without him).If it possible send me some examples

I ' ve seen some examples of doing it in ADO + OLE DB in the MSDN lib This lib is not set up on my PC now, but if you have it you should try to seek there with some words like "oracle ado select server procedure ......" and so on ( what refers to Oracle server proc and data processing )

I can say you that this question is solved there with the help of getting out from a server proc a PL/SQL table ( not a real oracle table, but an array ) on the client side. ( it is if you need to get data really just right from a server procedure and not by simply using a SQL query to server )

ADO command must be parameterized as needed ( it is showed also in the example )

I can say you about one more way to work with Oracle and ADO. Go to http://technet.oracle.com/
there is the bookmark -"Technologies" where you can find "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/ole_db

I must say, that documentation promise many possibilities to work with Oracle using MS ADO and Oracle Provider for OLE DB

As I remember it is possible there to get back to client a ref_cursor from server what is impossible to do
by using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle ( as far as I know )

Best Regards !

Igor Faershtein

Information system manager
LUKOIL-Kominefteproduct
Syktyvkar, Russia

MyPHP
http://www.geocities.com/faershtein/

Here is the information I've got from http://technet.oracle.com/ about the Oracle lib I' ve told above

OLE DB is an open standard data access methodology that utilizes a set of COM interfaces for accessing and manipulating all types of data. It is the Microsoft standard for Universal Data Access and is supported by a variety of programming languages such as ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), Visual Basic, Active Server Pages (ASP), VC++, and any client complying with the OLE DB specification. The goal of the Oracle Provider for OLE DB is to have a high performance and efficient mechanism for data access to Oracle data by applications, compilers, and other data components.

Oracle Provider for OLE DB BETA

The Oracle Provider for OLE DB program allows participants to download a Beta version of the product. Beta participants will get support via the discussion group. It is important for Beta users to file bugs using a bug template found in the discussion section. By following this process of bug filing, we will be able to respond to your questions more quickly.

An updated Beta version of the Oracle Provider for OLE DB 8.1.5.2.0 is now available, this updated version includes bug fixes and enhancements.