Re: Import/Export

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/10

The way I always understood this to work was that if the original tablespace name exists in the new database, and the user has sufficient permission and quota on the tablespace, the objects would be imported into the original tablespace name, regardless of the user's default tablespace setting. If the original tablespace doesn't exist in the new database, or if the user has no quota on the tablespace in the new database, then the objects would be imported to the user's default tablespace.

The best way to ensure that the objects get imported to the tablespace you want is to pre-create the objects, specifying the desired tablespace. Then use IGNORE=Y for your import.

HTH,
Roy

In article <03c28113.d399d195_at_usw-ex0103-019.remarq.com>,   rockcogar <rock_cogarNOroSPAM_at_my-deja.com.invalid> wrote:
> Should work just fine because the imported objects go into the
> default tablespaces of the target user.
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CST