Re: OPS Hardware Requirements

From: Karsten Schwarz <karsten.schwarz_at_secco.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:46:17 +0100

Hi Christian,

the external shared disk is an disk(array) connected to both machines. With the OPS you have two(or more) instances accessing the same database. So each machine running an instance needs to access to the database files on the disk.

Checkout oracle technet
http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle8i/hi_avail/pdf/ops_install.pdf