Re: Data Conversion from dbname.exp to dbname.dmp

From: June Tong <june_t_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:32:40 GMT

Huy Vu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe I'm a stupid in looking for an unexisting tools which allows to do a
> conversion from Informix export file (dbname.exp for example) to Oracle
> export file (dbname.dmp for example) but I ask anyway.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advise.
>
> H.V

As far as I know, Oracle's export file is a completely Oracle-proprietary format, therefore you will be unable to convert an Informix export to a .dmp. However, you should be able to use SQLLoad to load the Informix .unl files. Note that the Informix export (dbname.exp) is actually a directory, not a file. This directory contains .unl files, which are pipe-delimited (by default) ASCII data files for each table.

June
--
june_t_at_hotmail.com
Living on Snickers bars in San Mateo Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 21:32:40 CST