Re: Problem: can't create a database

From: hackman <m_at_m.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:09:02 GMT

two things happening here:
1. Your init.ora is not in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. This is the problem with the 8.1.5 installer. Find the init.ora and copy it into the dbs directory. My guess is that the installer is creating it in the $ORACLE_BASE directory ('/usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle/admin/....). 2 Set your NLS_LANG=AMERICAN.WE8ISO8859P1;export NLS_LANG in your .profile before you start svrmgrl. For some reason your error messages are coming out in German, this should help with that problem.

good luck hope that helps