Problem: can't create a database

From: Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 16:32:47 -0600

I've followed the directions to install Oracle 8i in Linux (RedHat 6.1) and Oracle seems installed fine. I've applied patches 1 & 2 (as per instructions) as well. However - I cannot create a database! I'm trying to use dbassist and all goes well until it actually tries to create the database and svrmgrl constantly reports "not logged on" ... do I have something set up wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Brice

--
+--+
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense." -- E. W. Dijkstra (1982) Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 16:32:47 CST