Can you replicate procedures in 8.1.5?

From: <decompton_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 21:53:11 GMT

I have been setting up some tables to replicate in 8.1.5 with no big issues. One thing I came across that peaked by interest is in replicating procedures. The DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT API can allegdedly take procedure, package, trigger, etc as well as table as arguements. I tried to set this up to replicate a procedure, but without luck in the following manner.

  1. Stopped replication
  2. Used DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_MASTER_OBJECT to define procedure x
  3. Ran DBMS_REPCAT.GENERATE_REPLICATION_SUPPORT for procedure x
  4. Restarted replication

All steps ran successfully. There is an entry in the all_repobjects table for the procedure. I did a CREATE/REPLACE procedure x. It did not replicate and it did not generate any deftran/deferror entries.

Did I follow the proper steps?

From what I understand from the documentation, this should replicate the procedure definition, and not the execution of the procedure (a.k.a. procedural replication, which is another animal).

Any ideas?

thanks,

dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 15:53:11 CST