Re: Oracle 8i, RH 6.1, "not logged on", and FREE BEER

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com.spamblock>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 21:21:31 GMT

Matt Luker wrote:

> Additional Information that might help:
>
> I am using the Oracle 8i Standard Server that comes in the "MacMillan
> Presents Oracle8i for Linux". Would the patches work on this version
> of Oracle--are there any "real" differences between this version
> and EE, besides not getting all the goodies?
>
> (BTW, I tried it plain, with no patches just in case, and it still has
> the same error)
>
> Also, where do you get the patches for 8i--I've been searching
> everywhere. I got 81501 a month back, and I can't remember where I
> got it from. All the links I find point to penguin.us.oracle.com,
> which doesn't even resolve in DNS.

Hi Matt,

If you have a fast connection, turf the MacMillan cd. I have used said cd's in the past, and have had many problems with them (in the versions I used (oracle 7.x and dev2k, there were huge bugs in the install routine). Instead, go to http://technet.oracle.com and download 8iee for linux there.

HTH,
GC Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 15:21:31 CST