Java client through remote proxy server

From: <silvestrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 19:40:12 GMT

Can anyone help me with this?

I´m not the db guy, so please don´t fire me, if I don´t explain the problem well, ok?

I´m the network administrator, and trying to help our dba

we´re running a WebServer app for months, from which business partners can get real-time information and enter orders, using a previous "jar" file downloaded (preferred), or with all necessary "class" libraries being downloaded every time they connect.

A week ago, one of them implemented a proxy, based on Wingate´s solution. Now this partner cannot get across the proxy.

From now, I made some internal tests, using our proxy (Microsoft-IIS). I founded that the browser keeps the connection trough the proxy in static pages, but when the java applet is downloaded and started, the remote client try to connect directly to the OraWebServer, regardless the WEBBrowser proxy configuration.

From the above, I guess the java applet does not use the browser proxy parameters when establishing the connection.

Any clue ???

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 13:40:12 CST