Re: Unix file system full

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:19:54 GMT

After you dropped the tables, did you drop or resize the datafiles that make up the affected tablespace? The tables consume space inside the database, but it is the actual datafiles that consume the space in Unix. Unless you remove or resize the datafiles, dropping the tables will not free up any space at the OS level.

In article <sa1umlcuhse160_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Kevin Simon" <ksimon_at_fwi.com> wrote:
> I had a runaway task which created a whole bunch of tables and filled
up a
> unix file system. I since dropped the tables, but my file system is
still
> full.
>
> What do I have to do to retrieve the space?
>
> HP-UX 10.20, Oracle 8.04
>
> TIA
> Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 11:19:54 CST