Re: ORA-02298, cannot enable constraint

From: Didier LENQUETTE <didier.lenquette_at_steria.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:58:38 GMT

Hi !

I try to answser to you :
I understand that when want to enable a constraint ORACLE can not enbale this constraint because parent record are not found ?

If it is the case, you have to use the "exception into " clause when you enable your constraint .
See Doc ALTER TABLE clause, find EXCEPTION You will find an example :
ALTER TABLE census
 ADD CONSTRAINT unq_city_state
 UNIQUE (city, state)
 USING INDEX PCTFREE 5