Re: Oracle 8i, RH 6.1, "not logged on", and FREE BEER

From: Matt Luker <kostya_1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 14:09:26 GMT

Additional Information that might help:

I am using the Oracle 8i Standard Server that comes in the "MacMillan Presents Oracle8i for Linux". Would the patches work on this version of Oracle--are there any "real" differences between this version and EE, besides not getting all the goodies?

(BTW, I tried it plain, with no patches just in case, and it still has the same error)

Also, where do you get the patches for 8i--I've been searching everywhere. I got 81501 a month back, and I can't remember where I got it from. All the links I find point to penguin.us.oracle.com, which doesn't even resolve in DNS.

Matt

--

  Please email me at kostyaNO_SPAM_at_lucide.com   Remove the spam-poison.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 08:09:26 CST