Automatic startup of WWWlisteners (OAS 3.0.1.0.1)

From: <lechkung_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:31:03 GMT

Hello OAS experts,

I have an NT 4.0 box with OAS 3.0.1.0.1 on it. I would like to set it up to automatically start the WWWlistener% processes up automatically. Looking at the NT registry, I see that the OAS services start up in the following order (based on the DependOnGroup & DependOnService key values):

Startup
Order Service

=======  ======================
1        OraMediaNet_mnaddrsrv
2        OraMediaNet_mnrpcmsrv
3        OraMediaNet_mnorbsrv
4        OraWeb_CNFGSRV
5        OraWeb_LOGSRV

*6 OraWeb_WRBAHSRV
*6 OraWeb_WRBASRV
*6 OraWeb_WRBVPM
*6 OraWeb_WRBROKER
7 OraWeb_FAC

Now the way I hope to do this is to add the keys DependOnGroup = 00 and DependOnService = OraWeb_FAC to the WWWlisteners. I'm hoping that no other service in the startup order (level 6) is still in the middle of starting and cause problems.

Does this sound reasonable or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,
Greg Lechkun
gpl :-)
lechkung_at_dteenergy.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 07:31:03 CST