Re: ORA-12541: TNS: Kein Listener

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 9 Feb 2000 11:12:26 GMT

Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
: : Sigrid Ehrenreich <Sigrid.Ehrenreich_at_carus.de> wrote:

: : :> I've got a big Problem with my Oracle- Server! I always get the message:
: : :> ORA-12541 : TNS: Kein Listener. But I've got a Listener!! Wat can I Do??!!

: : : If your listener is running: What port is it listening on and do you
: : : reference this port in the tnsnames.ora of your client?

: : : Yours Sigrid Ehrenreich
: : : seh_at_carus.de

: : I have the same problem as the original poster.
: : And it happened on machine configurations that used to work
: : two months ago.

: I solved the problem. It has happened that we asses a second network

                                                ^^^^^

You may have wondered, what this may have meant :-) I meant 'added' but missed the d's and type sses instead?

: card (100MBit) and Oracle was still assuming to have to use
: the old binding wherever NT or ORacle has registered this.

: Anyway, after removing the network card out of the NT network
: setup everything worked again as usual.

: ...

: --
: Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 05:12:26 CST