OCI : move cursor to N-th row

From: Lee Kang Won <newton_at_3rsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:56:29 GMT

Hi!
I'm writing a program with OCI (for Oracle server -linux) and gonna handle as much data as number of millions.
The problem is that I have to show a page which can hold only 10~50 records at once and if 30 records from 100000th row through 100030th row is to be shown, I think I have to move cursor to the starting position(100000th row in this case), right?

Is there anyone who can tell me how to make this work with oci library function? All I can do at the moment is passing all those previous 99999 records by and select next 30 records. You know, this takes very very long time and makes no sense to end users.

Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 21:56:29 CST