Re: how to export data from oracle for other database usage ?

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:02:36 GMT

I think data in flat files is the answer to your requirements. But Oracle does not provide a tool to do so.

You can use my SQL PlusPlus (freeware) to create flat files from your database tables.

It also allows you to generate INSERT statements for your existing data. This option will help to upload data in your other database.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

In article <3899802C.13B8A3DD_at_Unforgetable.com>,   Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> Julio wrote:
> > =
>
> > stephen escribi=F3:
> > >
> > > hi ,
> > > can anyone tell me how to export data from oracle into a datafile
whi=
> ch
> > > will be used to import into database other than oracle (eg db2) ?
> > >
> > > can i use export feature ???
> > =
>
> > No, the export utility is only valid to dump data from oracle to
oracle=
> =2E What I
> > usually do, not recommended when you have a big number of tables,
is to=
> spool
> > data to a plain text file, table by table.
> > =
>
> There are a lot of different ways this can be accomplished. The flat
file=

> approach is one means. Running a daemon server process is another.
What y=
> ou
> need to define is your application environment and what your goals
are fo=
> performance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 21:02:36 CST