RE: Comparing ORACLE and MS SQL Server

From: Berger, Gene <BERGERGENE_at_PIOS.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 21:19:01 -0500

>>The costs are a wash anymore as far as raw software costs - so
>>the next question you have to ask is:

The cost of running Oracle is 2-4 times more then SQL Server. But those statistics could be due to the smaller type businesses that run SQL Server because they can't afford Oracle ... not because they actually think SQL Server is better then Oracle.

I guess having any backend database is better then having no database at all.