Re: SQL*Loader fastest way to load data?

From: Dale & Denise <dzerber_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 01:41:33 GMT

Yes,

Sql*Loader is the fastest method of simply dumping data into a Oracle Database. However in most cases there is more to data loading than simply dumping data into a table. This however is dependant of the type of application the data load is supporting. Some descision support type systems require data extraction, data cleansing, data transformation, data transportation, data staging and the final step is data loading. In this case SQL Loader only does the loading portion well. I do know of another tool that may suite your needs called Optiload. This Tool is designed to move data from the MVS world to either an Oracle databse on Soaris or a DB2 database on RS6000. for more information Go to www.dewpointinc.com and send a request.